Friday, January 29, 2016

[Review] Jill Stuart Destiny Closet Christmas Collection

Hi! Hi!

Link!
I decided to purchase last years Jill Stuart 'Christmas' collection this year because I bought one two years ago and I really liked it so I wanted to buy one this year because I love Christmas sets and collections and I decided that this would be the one I would get this year.

The concept for this collection is getting dressed up for a fabulous Christmas so the make up is decorated with dresses, accessories, shoes and other things.

The particular set includes;

Make up Bag

 Ribbon Couture Eye shadow in 11 Enchanted Jewel

Jill Stuart Blush Glow  + Brush


 Jelly Lip Gloss N in Dramatic High Heels 

  Nail lacquer R in 46 Happiness Ring


To be perfectly honest, I really liked the look of the make up but the make up bag seems a bit impractical to use as an everyday bag but I think it's more for aesthetic and looks rather than practicality.
I really love the mature yet girlish light grey, pink and red combination of the make up.

My box got a little dented in travel but that's okay because the contents are all safe. The box is nicely decorated and matches the make up.

The information if anyone is interested in this.

Close up of the prints.


On the inside of the lid there's a message.

The bow is super cute!
There are two zips - one with an elegant pearl and one with a coat hanger with a 'J' and a bow on it.

 All the items in the pouch.
 There's a pocket on the side.
The make up compared to the bag. The bag looks huge in the photo.

All the pretty make up up from the collection!


 First the eye shadow - Ribbon Couture Eye shadow in 11 Enchanted Jewel

There's a nice big mirror.


The eye shadow has five colours; a champagne colour, a pale pink, a light grey, a dark grey and a white.


Swatches, the colours are not super pigmented but they're suitable for day wear and buildable if you want. The champagne colour kind of blends into my skin too much so it's really hard to take a picture of it.

I really love the eyeshadows and I think they're my favorite item in the make up set. I actually reach for it pretty often but mostly for night time looks.


 Jill Stuart Blush Glow  + Brush
I normally really love the mix blushes from Jill Stuart because the four colours can be worn on their own on mixed together easily because of the square cuts. I think that this design makes it impossible for you do wear each colour on it's own - you kind of have to mix them together to use it.
But it is really pretty - it's a nice blush that's neither too red or too pink so it's quite flattering on the skin.

The brush is soft but I don't know when I would use it to be honest. It's nice to be given of course but I don't really see the value in it, personally.

 I really love a sheer red lip gloss and I'm always looking for a new one so I'm really glad to have this one. The packaging is really nice and it looks really Christmas-y.
I still haven't used this yet because I have a few other lip glosses I want to use up before I use this one. 

I actually really like this nail polish for when ever I really don't feel like painting my nails because it's almost like a clear with a pink shimmer. It dries pretty quickly as well and is surprisingly long lasting.

It also males a nice top coat as well over plain cream colours as well for something a bit different to a normal top coat.



I bought mine from here if anyone is curious.

Overall, I really love the Jill Stuart Christmas Collections and I'm glad I got the 2015 collection because the items were quite nice and I really do reach for them often.
I think if there was someone in your life that really liked Jill Stuart or you want someone to feel like a princess then I think the sets make a really nice gift as well. 
 

I hope you enjoyed this review.

Thank you so much for reading!
Berri Doll
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Gosh everything looks so beautiful! I do love the blush, although it's a shame that you can't use them individually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay - the colour together is really nice so I think it's okay!

      Delete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig