Wednesday, September 30, 2015

[Review] Etude House Sugar Tint Balm in #05 PK002 Pink Macaron

Hi! Hi!


Today I want to review this lip balm from Etude House. This is their Sugar Tint Lip Balm.
It claims to be a tinted lip balm that promised to hydrate with a buildable color. This lip balm comes in 8 colours, ranging from light to bright to dark. 

Packaging 



The lip balm comes in a simple yet cute box. The illustrations remind me of a cupcake with sprinkles and a cute patty pan. The metallic text is a lovely touch as well. 



The tint itself it comes in a pretty average lip balm container with a twist for the lip balm. This style lip balm is great for when you're out and about because you can easily reapply without worrying about messing up your hands to apply it.


The lid is a twist off lid that feels secure once it's twisted on in place.
Each lid matches the colour of the lip balm which is nice so you always know which colour your reaching for.
Product 



This product is very interesting - I find it interesting, at least, as combining a tint and a lip balm is new to me. Normally, I find tints to be a little on the drying side and hard to maintain through the day so I really like that this combines the practicality of a balm and colour of a tint.  I wouldn't say this is a replacement lip balm but it's a great way to get some colour and some hydration when you're on the go. 

The colour is buildable from a soft to a very vibrant pink. Reapplying this product through the day will intensify your look by night time. 
The colour I purchased is quite bright so I do need a mirror to apply it because it is quite bright.
If you want a more subtle colour you can apply a lip concealer on your lips prior to application of this balm, for a soft, light look.


This product comes in 8 lovely colours. 


Scent

This product does come with a scent, it's a very sweet scent that reminds me of a fruity (I can't pin point it personally but it smells almost like peach or apricot) candy. It's a summery scent that is very girlish. It's not an over powering scent which you can smell when the product is close by. 



Price
 This product costs US$8.00 for 4g or 0.14oz. 


 What I think; 
Overall, I think this is a really great lip balm which gives subtle colour to you lips. It's a great every day lip balm for when your out and about and you want to hydrate your lips on the go but still want a little more than a clear gloss. 
I think it's a great 'lazy' product, because you get a tint and a lip balm in one so you can apply both easily with one product. 
If you re apply this throughout the day, then you won't need to carry a second lip colour either as you can easily build the colour up over the day for a more mature vibrant lip with little effort. 

I personally really like the colour selection as well and there's something for everyone.

That being said, if you have really dry lips, because despite it being a lip balm, the balm isn't super long lasting nor super hydrating.  

The only negative is a think the price is a little steep but it doesn't put me off buying this product again at all because I really like the product and I'm interested in trying different colours. 


Tell me; what's your preferred lip product - lip balm, lip stick, gloss, tint or something else? 

Thanks for reading! 
Berri Doll

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Cute product! I should really experiment with make up more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love lazy products. Can't be bothered touching up and fussing with reapplying. I'll definitely try this out when I clear more lip balms from my collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great item to just throw in your bag and always have because it's so easy to apply and use. I really want to try the dark one next ^^

      Delete
  3. This looks really interesting~ Lazy products are one of my favorites haha! The tint balm I use doesn't have that strong of a color to it so this would be a nice alternative to add some color to my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tint on this isn't super strong but it can definitely be built up over the day for a bolder colour. I think it's a great everyday product!

      Delete
  4. Precioso, me gusta mucho Etude House pero me gustan los colores fuertes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig