Wednesday, April 29, 2015

[Travel] Japan Day 4: Kyoto Tower, Tokyo and Disney Store

Hi! Hi!

This day, might be a little shorter because there was a bit of a hiccup in our plans, but I'll get to that.

This was our last morning in Kyoto TT_TT so we really wanted to go to Kyoto tower and have a last minute Daiso shop.

 Sakura Latte from Starbucks this morning! I really like the Sakura Latte.


 They had this nice Sakura and fairy light display in Kyoto Tower. I took some photos with it but I liked how this one turned out best!



 Some views from the Tower. It was so fun to see some of the places we went to on the first tour like the Samurai place and the Imperial Palace. The city just seems to go on forever. I wish I had more time to explore you, Kyoto!
 Map on the elevator door.

Cute shrine with the mascot of Kyoto Tower.
The had one of these fun mirrors there as well so I took ridiculous photos of me with it. :P Totally not childish - right?

Then afterwards, we went to Daiso and I didn't buy much there to be honest. I think I bought some snacks and notebooks.

 Ate these on the Shinkansen. These basically taste like dehydrated McDonalds fries and they are delicious. You can get them at Daiso and I really recommend them if you like fries. XD (who doesn't like fries?)

I was really looking forward to the shinkansen again and seeing Mount Fuji again but this time we went past, it was really hard to see so I couldn't see it that well.

I did take pictures but I can't find them anywhere TT_TT I don't know what happened to them because I saw them not too long ago.

Anyways, we ended up getting to Toyko at about 1:30 or 2:00?
We were actually meant to get off at Tokyo Station but we decided to get off at the stop before Tokyo Station because Tokyo Station is really busy we wanted to avoid it at all costs. I can't remember which station it was now, but we just caught the train from that station to shibuya station.

We didn't get lost in Shibuya but it took a while to find an elevator and get out of the station.

After getting out  of the station I just wanted to explore shibuya but we have to go find out place we were staying.
We actually got an apartment to stay in Shibuya and we found it really easily actually it felt like it look forever but it might not have been very long at all. It was a really warm and sunny day that day as well. 
My friend unfortunately has a bad hip so we kept having to stop for her but we made it in the end.

We go to the apartment easily BUT we had to get the lock open to get the key to get in. That took a while because 2 of our friends went to 7/11 (or family mart,) to try and contact the owner of the apartment to ask for help to get it open.
There was two locks and we were trying to open the wrong one >.<

I think by the time we got into the apartment it was 3 ish because we did wait for ages for a response.

Our apartment actually had wi-fi as well so we spent some time letting everyone know where we were and checking out the apartment. It took us a while to figure out the recycling. The owner of the apartment left us very detailed description of how to recycle in Japan. XD.


After we decided to go to Disney Store!

Since two of my friends had already been to the store so finding it was really easy - plus the store is kinda fantastic looking - you'll be able to find it easily!


Stuff I got from Disney - while were were there, Tangled and Frozen were the most popular characters and a lot of the merchandise you could buy featured them. I was actually hoping to get some stuff with more obscure and random characters but okay. I like Frozen and Tangled so it was okay. My friend was really mad over it and decided she hated Tangled because of it.
Actually, this may surprise some people - but we don't have a Disney store in Australia - anywhere TT_TT. I had to stock up of course! 

This I got...

Marie Thermos! I love Marie (from the Aristocats!) They had a few cute Marie items there but I only got this thermos of her.

 Phone plus! Rapunzel, Anna and Alice and Little Oyster Tsum Tsum one. Disney was pretty dumb and pretty much only makes iPhone cases T_T Y NO SAMSUNG DISNEY. I was prepared to spend a lot on cases and buy all the cute ones as well you don't get my money. RAWR!
 Hair slides, the Disney Jewel items were buy 3 for 2 so I got these three. I kinda regret not buying more hair accessories because we all know I hoard accessories but I was told that Disney (Land/Sea) would have lots of cute stuff so I held off.

 Hair bows. I wore the two purple ones  to Disney one day so that's why they have no tags. I got one Frozen, Tangled and Daisy (which I thought was Tangled at first,).
Tangled towel which I don't remember buying. I think this is a face towel because it's quite big for a hand towel.

After Disney we went to Loft. We spent so long in Loft and my friends RAIDED the cards in Loft. I had one friend maybe buy 100s of cards in Japan by the end of the trip O.O
I guess at least they're light XD.


 I bought some make up though! (I forgot about the two lashed on the bottom so that's why they're on a different picture,) I pretty much only tried to buy my favorite make up that I knew I liked in Japan because I can only buy so much - right? Might as well buy the stuff I know I'll like.

Loft had a small Sailor Moon collection so of course, I had to raid it!

Sailor Moon cups! They had a few designs but I liked these two. One is sailor Moon Crystal and one is the classic Sailor Moon. :D
 They were 648 YEN each and official merchandise.

 Inside they are blue and pink.
 And then I got some plates because... Sailor Moon plates! Totally practical!
 Sailor Moon Crystal design!
 Classic Sailor Moon Design!
 The Crystal set -

 The Classic Sailor Moon Set -
I bought the Sailor Venus Pen/Pointer.
Surprise box which had Tuxedo Mask in it O.O. I wasn't expecting to get him at all.
Sailor Moon Plug for phone.
Sailor Moon Bracelet from the Gacha in Loft.
Cardcaptor Sakura key charm which I got for my friend. It has a mirror inside it :D.

They also had cute Disney weight scales in Loft and I really regret not buying them when I saw them. They were kinda pricey but really cute and I don't have a scale currently. Humph.
Then afternoon we went to get dinner. I just got vegetables and egg. I just wanted vegetables XD.

After dinner we went for some more shopping on the way back to the apartment - it was after 9pm I think at this stage!

We stopped by a cute make up store called IT'S DEMO or ITS' DEMO ? I'm can't remember but they were advertising the Sailor Moon Make up and perfume in the window and I wanted to go into to see if they had the perfume (They didn't TT_TT) But I got this eye liner, lip scrub and phone case.

The store is really cute and just doesn't sell make up, but candy and accessories too!

 The didn't have the moon one - only this design out of the two but I'm glad I got it. You can remove the lid and put it on other Sailor Moon Eye liners / eye liners in general.
I got the scrub at the same store but a different day actually, but I can't remember what day so here it goes! Lol. I can put it away now. Bahaha.
 I ended up finding this case - it's for 'all phones' wtf. Japan why y no use samsung? Huh? But it's really cute and pretty much what I was looking for.
The only other design I saw of this for all phones was a Minnie Mouse one but the colour was the same as this one, so I didn't get it. I wish they had a mint or a lilac one :(
 Inside - official Disney!
 asdfghjkl! It has a mirror in it! It's perfect!
And the 'back' has a cute little clock! 

And finally lovely Larme. This was the only magazine I bought personally in Japan because it's currently the only one I look at.
Plus, I didn't want to go crazy and buy more magazines when there are other things to buy (like Sailor Moon stuff XD)

Yep!
That was everything! It was mostly shopping today but I hope you liked seeing what I bought that day XD.

Definitely made up for lost time.

Thanks for reading and see you next time~
Berri Doll 

 Read more in this series;
- Japan Day 1: Shinaknsen, Kyoto and Emi
- Japan Day 2: Samurai, Shrines and Nara Park
- Japan Day 3: Kiyomizu Temple and Gion
- Japan Day 4: Kyoto Tower, Tokyo and Disney Store
- Japan Day 5: Ikebukuro and Sunshine City 
- Japan Day 6: Shibuya109, Asakusa Temple and Sky Tree
- Japan Day 7: Meiji Shrine, Harajuku and Family Dinner
- Japan Day 8: Nakano Broadway and Ueda 
- Japan Day 9: Palette Town and My Melody Theme Cafe 
- Japan Day 10: Tokyo Disney Land and Tokyo Disney Resort 
-Japan Day 11: Disney Sea
- Japan Day 12: Disney Land and Last Day in Japan
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Haha you must have gotten off the shinkansen at Shinagawa! That's my favorite lol. We always stay near there when we're in tokyo because I love that you have easy access to the shinkansen but don't have to deal with tokyo station!
    Also lovely lovely selfie with Kyoto tower sakura display <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, it must have been Shinagawa! It sounds familiar. Bahaha, yeah, Tokyo Station is definitely a must avoid if you can. I'll have to remember that you can get the shinkansen from there for next time. Awww, thank you :D

      Delete
  2. So much Sailor Moon merch T.T i'm jealous haha! I actually really love the phone case you got! They really should carry some Samsung cases though, it's so hard to find cute ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't even all the Sailor Moon stuffs I got! The phone case is really nice and feels like good quality. Since Samsung is an Asian company I just kinda assumed there would be at least SOME phone cases in Japan but nope. None.

      Delete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig