Tuesday, January 20, 2015

[Review] Canmake Eyeshadow Base (Skin Beige)

Hi! Hi!




Product Front

Product back


 Today, I want to review Canmake Eyeshadow Base in Skin Beige. I purchased this because I simply wanted to try it out and see how it compared to my usual higher end eyeshadow bases (Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion).

I purchased mine from yesstyle here

Editors Note; 
A creamy eyeshadow base enhances color payoff and prevents unsightly creases for eye makeup that stays vibrant and fresh even well into the night. Moist formula quickly turns to powder after blending on lid, improving eyeshadow adhesion for longer lasting color that stays put regardless of sweat and extreme humidity. Pat and blend on lid before applying eyeshadow.

From the site; 
(Here)

Just apply to improve the color of your eyeshadow and make it last longer.



A magic eyeshadow base that will improve the color of your eyeshadow ☆
● This creamy base will provide just the right amount of coverage in a color that will blend in well with your skin, enhancing the color and translucence of your eyeshadow.
● Harmonizes with your powder eyeshadow to enhance the pearl effect and improve the color.
● Improves the adhesion of your powder eyeshadow to your skin, making it last longer.
The carefully calculated soft texture prevents smudging!
● This cream with just the right degree of softness prevents your eyeshadow gathering in the crease of your eyelids.
● The first touch goes on with a moist texture, but changes to a dry texture as you blend it into your skin. 
Product
 

This product is fits the description provided really accurately. It's an extremely creamy base and will provide a light coverage. It's not heavy or hard on the eyelids at all. 
I do notice that my eyeshadow is much brighter when I use it but I don't notice it lasting much longer than if I didn't use it (but I don't have particularly oily lids so someone with oily lids will have an entirely different opinion. 
This product also provides a nice coverage over your eyelids which will hide any darkness or veins you might have giving you a nice even lid to apply eyeshadow to. 

Packaging 

 
The packaging is really small and light so it's decent to bring around with you every day or for travel. I like that the container is clear as well so you can easily see how much product you have left as well. 

Size

I can't locate a size any where online for this product nor anywhere on the packaging which is quite strange it's not listed anywhere. That being said, Canmake products are generally quite small (smaller than usual make up size) and that's definitely the case with this. 

For reference; Urban Decay contains 11mL of product.


Price

I paid AU$15.21 for this product but in Japan this product is sold for only 500 YEN. Even on ebay this product retails for 3x the amount it's worth in Japan which is kinda ridiculous in my opinion (but I'm not sure how profit margins and business work,).

What I think; 
If you can find it in Japan (ie. your on holiday or someone can buy it for you,) then I would recommend it considering the mark up I think it's not really worth it personally. 
Without knowing the size of the product either I can't compare it to other bases and work out how much it's worth compared to other brands (which is the reason I actually purchased this product to work out if it was an alternative to more expensive brands,) but considering the size I'd say it's pretty small.
It's a decent base and it does what it claims so I would recommend it but only if you can find it for cheaper because otherwise I don't think it's worth the cost.

Do you have any eyeshadow bases you really like? Do you even use an eyeshadow base at all? 
Let me know below~
Thanks for reading. 
Berri





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I really don't think it's worth it to buy it online tbh but if you can buy it in Japan, I think it's quite a decent product/price.

      Delete
  2. DANG, I didn't know its 500 yen!

    I too use an eyeshadow base. I've tried the Lorac Behind the Scenes primer (almost done it!). I actually like it better than Urban Decay but it's so damn expensive and I can't get it in Canada anymore since Sephora stopped carrying Lorac. My all time fav is the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I don't know what you would get charged in Japan, store to store but the suggested price on the can make website is 500 YEN.
      I like the Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original,) but I can't buy it in Australia actually TT_TT and buying one thing online (actually I would need a shopping service) like that seems like such a hassle tbh it's not worth it. XD I might go back to the Too Faced one.

      Delete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig