Friday, December 12, 2014

[Review] Jill Stuart Crystal Bloom Perfume

Hi! Hi!



Today I'm going to review the latest perfume from Jill Stuart, Crystal Bloom.
This perfume isn't exactly new to Jill Stuart but it is still their latest fragrance.


I'm sure you'll all aware I love Jill Stuart and when I saw this bottle, I new I wanted to try this perfume.
This is the first time I've ever bought a perfume because of the bottle. I love the crystal flowers on the lid of the container and this it's such a lovely bottle, even the diamond shape is quite unique.

These are the 'notes' of the perfume as listed on the Jill Stuart website; here. 

Fragrance: Crystal Floral Accord
TOP NOTE
Sweet Pea, Snowdrop, Neroli, Orange*, Greens

MIDDLE NOTE
Edelweiss, Magnolia*, Rose*, Freesia, Jasmine*, Raspberry

BASE NOTE
Tutu Accord, Fragrant Olive*, Gardenia*, Ylang- Ylang, Moss,
Cedarwood*, Musk, Amber

*Natural Fragrance


When buying perfume online, it's best to look at the notes, I knew I would like it because I (generally speaking) like most of the scents in the perfume.
The perfume is also very floral and there's not much in between to break it up or add depth. If you want to smell like a bouquet of flowers, this is a great scent.
If you're reading that and wondering what tutu accord is,

The Tutu Accord allows more than 100 different materials to each bloom individually, and overlap on top one after the other.
From the sparkling top note, brushing with clean, refreshing flowers, into the middle note, where dignified cleanliness and kindles waver together.
The transition to the base note gradually overtakes you with enveloping kindness, providing a lovely and lasting translucent sweetness that lasts. 


When I was reading about this perfume it was the tutu accord that caught my eye the most and was what I was most interested in.
To be honest, I still have no idea what is it but I do know that this perfume is quite nice.

 Also, the perfume is a very pale pink unlike the picture above where it's more vivid.
Please note this is the 30 mL option and this perfume comes in two size offers, 30mL and 50 mL.

Before I try to describe a perfume to you, let the Jill Stuart tell you what it's suppose to be;

A bouquet of flowers realize an instant that shines beautifully forever,
providing the most translucent, lovely fragrance in the world.

The top note is a crystal pure floral note, woven from refreshment and charm.
The delicate sweetness of Sweet Pea and Snowdrop create a gentle fragrance,
while Neroli and Orange bring out unlimited translucency.

The middle note is a crystal floral note, spreading wide, fragile yet full, like a scattering of lovely flowers.
The clean, dignified white flower, Edelweiss, brings with it a clear fragrance and sparkle, with the gentle fragrance of delicate flowers enveloping you in clear comfort.

The door to the base note is opened by the original Tutu Accord*, bringing depth to the entire fragrance with a powdery, sweet veil, inviting you into a world of pure, unsullied sensations.

A crystal sensual note with an appealing fragrance that offers both translucency with depth.
A complex mix of lovely flowers blend with the musk, recreating the gap between a girl and a woman.
One of the top perfumers of the world, Christine Nagel, has skillfully completed in forming the concept of Jill Stuart’s as a clear and floral.



Basically, to me, this perfume reminds me of a slightly more complicated, sophisticated version of Marc Jacobs Daisy.

For reference; these are the notes in Marc Jacobs Daisy;
Top Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves
Mid Notes: Violet Petals, Jasmine Bouquet
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla Infusion
Source 


I think it reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy because it's quite a light perfume and it's neither too sweet or too floral, too strong or too weak. It's not really here or there, to be perfectly honest. That sounds like a negative but I think it makes it suitable for lots of different occasions.
This perfume isn't too over powering and it's really nice for those days when you don't want to smell too strong but you want to smell nice.

I have to say, I do reach for this perfume over a few of my other because it smells nice but not too strong. If you want a sweet yet gentle fragrance that lasts a while on your skin then I really suggest this one. Normally perfume fades on me significantly through out the day but this one just seems to linger on me which I really like because it means you don't have to carry it around with you and reapply throughout the day which is convenient. 


It's a very 'safe' scent in my opinion because it's so light but so feminine it's suitable for many occasions, like parties, to work or everyday to more formal events. I think this is a scent that's very appropriate for lots of ages as well.
I think it would suit younger as well as older women quite nicely.

This is the box the perfume comes in - the patter and colours are lovely.


And the crystals, on the top of the perfume bottle. This really makes the perfume bottle stand out and look spectacular. They're actually all one piece so you don't have to worry about them falling off or breaking if you do decide to travel with it.


Overall;
This is a nice perfume and I think if you like gentle floral scents, it's worth a try. Personally, I quite like it, I wouldn't rank it as my favorite perfume or scent but I do like it quite a lot and I would repurchase despite it not being my favorite.
I do love the bottle and think it's stunning however.
If you love beautiful perfume bottles I think that this is a must for you.

 Do you guys have a favorite type of scent? What makes you buy a perfume - is it the description? The Bottle? The Brand? Let me know!

That's all for this blog post - I'll see you guys very soon!
Berri~
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Haha reading this post from you has practically convinced me to buy it even though I'm not much of a perfume person! The bottle is truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should buy it XD. The bottle is really impressive - I think it's one of the prettiest bottles I've seen in a while anyways.

    ReplyDelete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig