Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Favourites!

Hi! Hi!

 I decided to do a small favourites post for June. Think I did one ages ago but I don't know what made me want to do one suddenly? Oh well, here you go!
Sorry some of the products look very 'used' but I do use these things daily so that's why!

1. D.U.P Eyelashes in 917.



 I bought these lashes in Singapore last year and I only tried them recently. I was always put off because they say 80% brown but they don't really look very brown to me, so I tried them and I really like them. They're so comfortable and even though they're half lashes, they're still quite dramatic - they give a great 'cat' eye look to the eye because they flare out at the end.
Only one downside is, they don't seem to stay on as well as full lashes but other than that they're really nice and I'd recommend them - especially if you would like more natural looking lashes.

 2. Dolly Wink 05 Shiny Silver

 Of course I did a review of this here but basically I've used this eyeshadow all month! I really like it. It' very different for me and my usual look but I think that's why I like it so much! You can see I've made a big dent in it - I won't talk about it much more but I'll link my review here!

3. Jill Stuart Mix Blush in Berry Tiramisu





 I have to confess, I've had this blush since last year but I only opened it and started to use it recently. I like taking the top two shades and using it all over my cheeks then the bottom two I like to mix and place on the apples of the cheeks for a warm pop of colour! I like it looks nice for cooler months because it looks like you've just come in from a really cold weather.
The darkest colour is actually nice for contour (on it's own) as well.
I don't think you can get this anymore but I'm confident Jill Stuart will be coming out with a Autumn collection soon so you can look at that collection because this pallet is very nice and I recommend it.
I don't use the brush it came with but it's so cute!

4. Etude House - Sweet Recipe Cupcake All over colour - in RD301 - Raspberry Mouse




Another product I got in Singapore last year but I've been using this a while! I love this colour product (and colour) a lot. Basically it can be used on both lips and cheeks. I've used other dual products before but I prefer this one because I think this product is much more suitable to both lips and cheeks! Sometimes other brands are only suited to one or the other despite being advertised as useful for both but this product is great for both!
On cheeks it's a lovely rosy colour but on the lips it's more red.
Tip: This colour makes the perfect shade of baby pink when worn over lip concealer.
Basically, this product is inexpensive and just really versatile and useful plus it's really small as well so it's perfect for travel or to bring with you throughout the day.

5. Dolly Wink Volume Mascara


I'm just showing this off because I've finished it! I've used both Dolly Wink Long and Volume and I have to say, I think I much prefer the Volume and I'll definitely repurchase it (over the long) in the future.

6. Majolica Majorca Lash Glamorous wing Neo Mascara

 Normally, I go for the popular 'Lash Expander Frame Plus' but I decided to purchase a different one (I also got this in Singapore!) and I have to say, I really love this. The brush is much friendlier and easier than the the 'lash expander' and I like the way my lashes look after this a lot! It's lengthens pretty well you're lashes look really feathery and winged out as well.
I also found it easier to remove than the 'Lash Expander' personally as well which is a major plus.

7.Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream


Another Etude House product! I bought this BB cream because;
a.) It has a pump! Very hygienic and practical!
b.) Claims to be anti-darkening.
I've been after products that are anti-darkening/brightening for a while because simply, I have dark under eye circles which I can't get rid of, so I choose to hide them. This BB cream is a lot better than I was expecting (I bought it randomly without reading reviews or anything :/) but I really like it.

8. Jill Stuart Nail Polish 102 Argent Sugar

I'm currently wearing this on my nails and I really love this nail polish! The bottle is stunning. The colour isn't 'too' gold - it's got shimmer but they're really fine. The best part is this nail polish smells like strawberry shortcake while it dries which is so nice. Actually nail polish doesn't take too long to dry either which I hate in a nail polish. This colour is limited edition (Christmas 2013) but you can still get it from here! (which is where I got mine.)

9. Liz Lisa knitted hair bands


I thought I'd include these because I love them so much! They're so warm and cosy but still really cute! I love wire hair bands but sometimes they give me a headache but these only have the wire in the bow, so I don't get the same headache from them. If Liz Lisa releases these again for autumn/winter again this year - they're really nice and I recommend them!


Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this short(ish?) post!!
Let me know if you like anything in particular for June ^.^

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I loved this post! *(^-^)*
    I think your make-up products are really cute!~
    Knitted hairbands are very comfy and cute but I don't know how to wear them :c I feel like I look kind of silly with them :c
    Have a good day!~
    -Cat♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Yes! I tend to gravitate to cute items ^.^ Lol!
    Nawww, what do you mean you don't know how to wear them!? You wear them like a hair band! You'll look cute in them - I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Love LOVE my Etude House BB Cream. It lasts me all day and has AWESOME coverage. I was thinking about getting their cupcake colors, but I'm not convinced I will be happy with the colors on me. Do they smell amazing? :O Also, I, too, gravitate toward cute items~ (...I half bought my Liz Lisa blush just for the packaging LOL...but it's a great blush, too!) Great mini reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Etude House BB cream - it really surprised me. The cupcake colours smell so good! I have to refrain myself from taste testing them! The colours are quite buildable - I'm sure you'll like at least one of them! The red one (Raspberry) is nice and I imagine it would suit many people. How was the Liz Lisa blush? I regret not picking one up when it was online Lol.

      Delete
    2. Okie dokie! I might pick some up from Amazon then :D As for the Liz Lisa blush, I like it a lot; it blends in naturally with my skin tone, but I'm not sure it's worth $30 USD. (I haven't really used makeup as often as I do now to really judge.) The packaging is sure as heck cute (and sturdy) though!

      Delete
  4. Nice monthly favourites! I was gonna do these too but I wasn't sure if I could share enough items since I use the same items over and over again cuz I need to finish some stuff up! (Also your empties on dayre motivated me to finish products!) I was interested in the Etude House all over colour cupcake thing, but is it long lasting? I have dry cheeks, so oiliness won't be an issue and is it nicely pigmented?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you should do one anyways! I prefer short ones anyways because if they're too long, they're too long. Ahaha! I'm glad my empties motivated you! I really hate not finishing something because that seems the most wasteful to me. :/ I have dry skin, the staying power is good. I normally use it with the powder blush so it lasts all day for me (for sure) but on it's own it's pretty decent. For best results try powder + cream. And the pigmentation is good, very build able but even at it's 'weakest' it's still decent. Next time, I'll include swatches for sure!

      Delete
  5. Super cute things! I want to try those eyelashes :) That's my favorite BB cream I did a review over it http://emilykawaii.com/2013/02/28/etude-house-precious-mineral-bb-cream-bright-fit-sample-review/ but I can't wear it in the summer :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyelashes are very nice - I think you'd like them! I love the BB cream, I really should have read reviews on the BB cream before buying it XD but I'm glad I like it!!

      Delete
  6. Wire headbands always end up hurting my head too! I need to accessorize more :|

    ReplyDelete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig