Friday, July 18, 2014

Dear Diary: Never let anyone freeload from you!!

Edit: I wrote this post ages ago and I never deleted it because... I'm not sure why, but I'm kind of over just leaving it, sitting there for no reason so I decided to publish it. This is not really a complete post in my opinion but I have no intention of finishing it off so I guess you can enjoy this ranting post (I guess if you like rant posts?) 



You all know those people right - those ones that always ask to borrow things from you. 
"Can I borrow this manga?" 
"Will you lend me this disk?"
"Can I read that after you finish with it??!" 

Can I just say - with no disrespect to anyone; I hate freeloaders. 
And no, I don't think someone who borrows something once in a while and gives it back promptly or someone who takes things but didn't necessarily ask freeloaders.
You all know someone who is a freeloader. (And if you don't, I'm glaring at you through the monitor,)

Normally, in the past I don't mind sharing my things and lending things because I guess, when you're younger you're told 'sharing is caring,' 
But when we get older we realize, sharing isn't caring. Because people don't care for your shares.

I always thought, sharing is kindness and people really appreciate it and it really makes their day and it's helping others too so why wouldn't I share? If I was asking, I'd like people to share with me too!! Nice right?? 
Well, now I think.... people that share are getting taken advantage of and people that ask are FREELOADERS!

Freeloaders are so annoying. 
And you know what, it's not fair either. 

Reason Number 1 why freeloaders suck; 
Money. 
When it comes down to it, you spend all your money on buying the goods - right? And all other expenses to you right, like traveling to and from to buy whatever is it you want or shipping for said good as well as the good so it can be quite a lot sometimes, no? 
And then Freeloader comes along and asks, hey can I borrow it? 
For free. 
Plus 9/10 times they don't even come pick whatever up - you bring it with you next time you meet or lend it there but they didn't really have to travel for it did they - so convenient for them, right??!? 
You do all the hard work and they get the fruits of your labor and not you. 
I mean, normally we never share really valuable things or things that are worth a lot but add up all the things you lend to people, probably does add up to a fair amount. 
When people don't have to pay they have no appreciation for the value of something. You may argue that hey! they know how much I paid for it. 
Okay fine, but that's it's cost not it's value. 
I guess money isn't much of a problem when you both share equal amount but if one person does all the lending it kinda adds up.

Reason Number 2 why freeloaders suck; 
Time. 
When you lend something no matter what people always keep it longer than you expect/think initially. 
Which is the suckiest thing ever if you need it back by a certain time. 
I don't really know why this is but I think it would be common curtsey to give something back in LESS time that you would have/need it originally. 
Like if a book you borrowed normally would take you one week to read then you should return it in five days? Maybe? 

Reason Number 3 why freeloaders suck; 
Disrespect for item. 
When ever I have lent anything to anyone they have never ever returned the item in the same way it was lent.
I like all my belongings in mint or near new condition (same for clothes) and I expect things I lend to be returned in said condition. 



 Courtesy of borrowing;  
-The borrower should make an effort to return it. You don't borrow a book from the library and then when they ask for it back, tell them to come collect it from you. You should take the time to return it. The person was kind enough to lend it you should be kind enough to return it. 
- If you lend something to someone you should always return it in the state you got given it. No exceptions whatsoever. 
- Saying thanks is nice but however a small favor to say thinks? Like a card or chocolate to express it? 
- Return the favor. Even if you simply OFFER to lend something and they decline - as long as you offer I think it's fine.
- If they say no, respect it. 
- If for whatever reason the item damaged/ruined/broken you should compensate weather that is buying a new item or offering compensation. Please. 



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. ٩(•̤̀ᵕ•̤́๑)ᵒᵏᵎᵎᵎᵎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I hate freeloaders as well! Every time I would let someone borrow my manga, they would never return it in the same condition..I would also let people borrow my video games but I never got them back no matter how many times I ask for them. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I lent someone a book once and it wasn't returned to me in the same condition - I like my possessions in like new condition. I also lend my friends games but games are quite expensive in Australia so I don't like lending them anymore :/ Plus I think the reason I wrote this was because of a game funnily enough^.^

      Delete
  3. UGH. I remember I let someone borrow one of my DS games, I can't remember which one, but they ended up losing it and refused to replace it. Freeloaders piss me off too... and it's worse when you ask politely if they're finished with it, they lash out at you as if you did something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember I let someone borrow a Sims3 disc and that's what sparked this post - I think I was most annoyed by how she made me drive to her place to pick it up (imo she should have dropped it off and it was like over 6 months in lend time) and I really think she should have come to me. :/ Lol.

      Delete
  4. I hate freeloaders (currently dealing with some right now at my parent's house)!! =.='' And I agree about letting someone borrow something and it isn't returned in the same condition. I let my friend borrow my entire Inuyasha DVD box set once and when I got it back (late), there were so many scratches on the CD. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, I guess it's funny how so many people have that problem!! Awww, I hope the ones you're dealing with right now are done with soon!! Ah, scratches on a cd :/ That's not cool.

      Delete
  5. OMG I know what you mean! :<
    After so many bad experiences with borrowing, I try to not borrow anything from anyone, and hope it applies vice versa. I STILL haven't gotten some of my comics back.

    ReplyDelete

© Lolita-next-door. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig